Renewing Indian Passport in USA
I recently renewed my Indian passport in USA, so I thought I should share this information with you guys. Renewing Indian passport in USA is very easy process and you will get your renewed passport within 15-30 days.
Steps for renewing your passport:
- Go to https://passport.in.ckgs.us/home/index you will see following options on the home page.
- For new application click on Get Started link. You have to just follow the instructions to complete the form.
- The center of application submission will change based on your current location. For example in my case I was in Ohio State, so my application submission location was NewYork.
- During the process of form completion you will get a Web Reference ID, Please save that Id which you can use for accessing already filled Application form through “Already Filled” link.
- After completing the form from this website, you can do the online payment which will cost you $137 something including FedX delivery charges.
- You have to fill NRI verification form as well, you will get different reference ID for that. Please save that for accessing the already filled application form.
- After completing the form, you will get the instructions for list of documents to be sent to the office along with your Original passport.
- While sending the documents, make sure that the copy I797 is Notarized. They accept only Notarized copy of any Xerox copy of the documents you are sending.
- You also need 6 copy of 2x2 passport size photos, If you are in India please get it from there. Because here in US it is very costly $12 for two copy of photos.
- Make sure you have taken the print of Fedx receipt, paid online.